Wednesday 2 November 2011

Introducing Will: The Local Lindisfarne Goat


Once upon a time (a few weeks ago) in a land far away (my neighbourhood of Lindisfarne), I was out taking a walk.  I walked a different way to what I usually did, just for a change.  As I was walking along the street I noticed a sign which started with "My name is Will, I like eating."  As I kept walking I thought, what a weird sign!! As I looked over my shoulder I also thought wait, was that a tennis court?? Out of curiosity I turned back to have a look, and noticed something white and fluffy moving hear the fence.  I was wondering if this was some kind of vicious scary dog or something, but as I got closer I realised - it was a goat!  His enclosure looks like it once was a small tennis court, but is now overgrown with grass. So just like the sign said, I got some green leafy branches from outside of the fence and fed it to the Will, which he chomped right up with a happy grin.  I couldn't believe it, a goat in Lindisfarne!! How random.  I was pretty delighted with my new friend.  I have been back a few times to visit, including the time I took a bag of grassy weeds from mum's garden which he ate right up by the hand-full (as pictured below), and seemed quite disappointed to learn there wasn't any more.  Whenever I leave he always says goodbye - or maybe it's "Where are you going? Come baaaaaack!"

1 comment:

  1. I need to meet Will one day. He seems like a cool goat.

    ReplyDelete