Thursday 17 November 2011

All Curries Are Not Created Equal

Tonight after attending a concert by the Tasmanian Symphany Orchestra, I ate at an Indian restaurant.  I know, you’re all shocked, right? Wait…some of  you aren’t shocked? Oh, you must be getting confused with my love affair with Indian music and movies, aka Bollywood.  But Indian food for me is an entirely different story – one that usually ends in tears.  However, a couple of friends convinced me to try butter chicken about a year ago, and you know what? It did not taste like curry at all!  I could live with that. 

So tonight I ordered the tried and true, despite my friends telling me that korma and mango chicken are also not spicy.  A little note to any spiceophobics out there like me: that is false! We agreed to open our curries for general sampling at our table, so I tried them both, the korma wasn’t too bad but it certainly had me reaching for my water, but the mango chicken had a strong spice kick to it which kind of made me do this choke reaction in surprise.  So I was glad I stuck with the butter chicken, although it tasted more like tomato chicken, hmm…  But hey, it was definitely a fun evening!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Indian Food. I love the spicy. I love love love it. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All taste buds are not created equal...hehe

    ReplyDelete