Sunday 13 November 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow


Nice t-shirt huh? Well actually, I made it myself.  Okay, not the tshirt, just the design on the front.  Cool eh?  But you know what, fashion design is a lot harder than I thought.  I probably won't quit my day job.  I had cut out three different rainbow shapes and sizes before I decided I had one that would work.  Funny how something looks great on the flat t-shirt, but once I tried it on I found the 3-dimensional figure changed things completely.  I actually pinned the rough shape of the third rainbow while I was wearing the t-shirt!  So once I was happy with it I hand sewed the shapes on, whilst watching "How to Train Your Dragon" for the second time.  Finally at 1 am I was done.


Here's a close-up of my amazing skills.  Does the cloud fabric look familiar?  Yep, it was left over from the cushion I made recently.  So why would I put so much effort into making this amazing shirt?

To wear at the rainbow themed Young Single Adult dance of course! Do you think I looked bright enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment