Thursday 29 August 2013

Nature and Parasites

I am a huge fan of nature, and like to go out and enjoy it when I get the chance, so today that's what I did.

And then it's times like this that I'm reminded why I live in a house, outside of nature.  Because when I do go out, I usually end up with ants crawling on me, a spider claims my bag as their personal hunting territory, and/or my blood gets sucked by hundreds of parasites (mosquitoes...).  And yes, I was wearing insect repellant this time - apparently not enough.  


Note to self:  Next time I notice the presence of mosquitoes, I should move away no matter how well my drawing is going.  And bring that bottle of insect repellant with me!

Needless to say, my trip to Shakujiikoen park today was quite an eventful one.

Still, it was a rather educational trip - I learnt a lot about the mysterious (yet oh-so-loud) cicada, as I was able to observe several, some even while they were buzzing, and saw many of the larvae's previously shedded skins.  Those good old Zoology skills from Uni come in handy sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment