Thursday 1 August 2013

A Song for Michael


One year ago today my little nephew, Michael, peacefully passed away, under the loving watch of his father.  He was born very early and very frail, and fought for as long as he could.  He is sorely missed by his family.

Today as I was thinking about Michael, I thought of a lullaby which I first heard a few days ago, having had the privilege of hearing Hayley Westenra sing it live.  




It now has special meaning for me, as I realised that Michael does indeed "Sleep On", as the song is entitled, and his path has been made clear, from further pain and suffering.

I know that his spirit lives on, that through Christ he will be reunited with his body to live again, as we all will, and that I will get to meet him one day.  I imagine him now enveloped with peace, and waiting patiently for the reunion with his father as he watches lovingly over him.

Until that day, little Michael, "Sleep on, sleep on, sleep deep and sleep strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment