Thursday 1 December 2011

Practise makes perfect...or does it?

It seems I have this strange ability to get better at my talents by not practising for a long time!  Take piano for example.  I would practise and practise and make only minimal progress and improvement, but after a few months of not playing a song I would sit down at the piano and suddenly play it better than ever!  So it also seems with juggling.  It was many months ago that I started teaching myself to juggle, close to a year ago even.  It took a lot of practise to get anywhere, but slowly, slowly the number of consecutive catches increased.  I think my absolute highest record may have been 18.  Well here I am a long time later without even touching the juggling balls.  I get back from the beach one afternoon, and with three tennis balls in my hands I think to myself "I wonder..."  And voila!  I can suddenly juggle!  I didn't count how many I caught as I wasn't expecting such success, I couldn't believe that I just kept going!  But my rough estimate is about 30.  Just like that!  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment