Tuesday 27 December 2011

Tripodious Maximus

Hello Boxing Day sales, and helloooooo new tripod!


I've been looking for a tripod for a while, but haven't been sure about what features I needed and what price I was willing to pay.  But when I went shopping today I found this one at a good price, it's the height that I want it (which is my eye level!) and is easy to use and adjustable.  It even came with a carry bag!  Excitement.  I decided it needed a name and have thus dubbed it Tripodious Maximus.  Welcome aboard to the Maz Photography team!

Why do I need a tripod you ask?  I guess the main reason is night shots - when you need to take a photo without the flash and with a longer exposure and you need the camera to be perfectly still.   There have been many times when I have spotted the perfect photo opportunity, only to have been unable to capture it properly.  So I'm looking forward to lots of good times with the tripod.  Keep an eye on my photography blog to see the developments.

2 comments:

  1. I have been dying to capture a night sky! But, that shot would take HOURS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first tripod was a Slik; it weighs 500 gms and has goon on many a bushwalk! I should call it Tripodious Minimalus! They are very handy beasties!

    ReplyDelete