Sunday 2 June 2013

Crepe Art - A New Creative Outlet!

Yesterday I was making my famous pancakes, which I haven't made for a while.  They are pretty thin and are really closer to crepes than the general idea of "pancakes", but my mum has always said she loves them.  As I was cooking, I pondered the physical properties of these crepes as they hardened in the pan, and decided to experiment a little.

And so I ventured to make a "hollow" crepe, just to see what it would look like.  Well, it was a lot of fun!  When I was finished, I looked for something familiar in the shape, and saw a big bee.  So I named this creation "Bumblebee", and thus "Crepe Art" was born!


Well that was a lot of fun!  I decided to try to make some other shapes.  I didn't start with an end in mind, but merely had fun "playing" with the batter after pouring it in, and often midway decided what image I was going for, kind of like Mr. Squiggle.  

Here are the rest of my breakfast creations:

"Funky Spider Web"


"Plane With Paratroopers"


I wasn't really sure what to call this one...but decided on 
"Indiana Jones Wrestles Giant Squid Thingy"


Although I don't always realise it, I can be pretty creative sometimes, and I also love any kind of novelty, so I really had a lot of fun!  Pretty sure next time I'm making crepes I will have another go at "Crepe Art" to expand my repertoire.  What can I say, my kids are gonna love me :)

Why don't you have a go next time you're making crepes?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Maz!! I love the plane with paratroopers lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Libby! It was one of my favourites too. I had a lot of fun afterwards eating my paratroopers one by one ;)

      Delete