Monday 29 April 2013

Said No One Ever.

It may be a slight exaggeration, but I created this as a reminder for me to turn off the modem and get a life!  And maybe clean the house occasionally.  

I should be starting back at work soon so I'm hoping the routine will help me spend my time a little better.  Life has too many opportunities out there to be wasting time instead.

As John Bytheway said to the youth about average time wasted on his CD Turn off the TV and get a life: "Think of the songs you could learn, the free-throws you could shoot, the books you could read, the pictures you could draw, the children you could play with, the mountains you could climb, the merit badges you could work on, the YW awards you could earn, the journals you could fill, the things you could build, the scriptures you could memorise, the testimonies you could strengthen, the people you could serve, the lives you could change - including your own...or you could watch TV for a thousand hours a year."

That talk was written pre-Facebook and Pinterest times, but I think he'd have a lot to say about those today!

So feel free to 'pin' or share this meme if you can relate.  And then close down Pinterest and Facebook and go do something!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment