Friday 21 February 2014

University - The first two (aka three) weeks

Well, I've survived the initial two-week "intensive" at uni, yay!  (I'm stuffing myself now with Allen's lollies in celebration)  


What is meant by "intensive" is a usual three weeks' work was crammed into two weeks.  Given that usually we have three-day weeks (due to two days of prac in a school) this might not sound like much, but may I emphasise all the reading!!  Instead of the usual 7 days to get a weeks' reading done, we had three...I still haven't finished all the required readings thus far - hence why I'm gonna be hitting the library tomorrow.  Exciting weekend! 

On Monday I will find out where I will be doing my first school placement, which will be for my learning area of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Langauges - also known as EAL, English as an Additional Language), and in a couple of weeks I'll start going there to observe!  

I also have my first huge essay due in a month, for the subject "Learners, Teachers and Pedagogy", which is a highly psychology-based subject (meaning a lot of new words and concepts for me!).


Time to knuckle down...more...

No comments:

Post a Comment